Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tuesday Reflection for Week 5

It's hard to say what Jesus did in his lifetime was political, but Tuesday's class was very enlightening in this regard. As was presented, when Jesus said, "Your sins are forgiven" he was essentially doing away with the current power structures, and liberating people from the iron clasp of the temple system. That to me is just amazing. Who would would have thought that the forgivness of sins was essentially a declaration of independence from the structures and evil that exist and persist in society? That's what it means to be radical... And yet how can that work today? Sometimes I just get discouraged when I see the reality that we face. But is it any harder to confront these evils, or is it a lack of trust in the power of God? I think I need to pray through some of these things more, and see how that can be lived out in my own life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home